- www.fafsa.ed.gov– Link for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid. This is the application used for grants and loans, as well as select scholarships offered through your college.
- CSS Financial Aid Profile – The College Board
Supplemental form many private institutions require in addition to the FAFSA.
- FAFSA ID (Students, parents, and borrowers are required to use an FSA ID, made up of a username and password, to access certain U.S. Department of Education websites. Your FSA ID is used to confirm your identity when accessing your financial aid information and electronically signing your federal student aid documents.) https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/fafsa/filling-out/fsaid
- Big Future – College Board financial aid information- https://bigfuture.collegeboard.org/pay-for-college
- CFNC financial aid information – http://www.cfnc.org/pay/pay.jsp
- Federal Student Aid main website –https://studentaid.ed.gov/
- Funding Your Education – The Guide to Federal Student Aid:
- Comparing College Costs –https://studentaid.ed.gov/sites/default/files/comparing-colleges.pdf
- Do You Need Money For College? 2015-16 Federal Aid at a Glance
- Other resources (PDF articles, guides, videos, etc) from Federal Student Aid –https://studentaid.ed.gov/resources
- Student Financial Aid for NC Residents –https://www.cfnc.org/static/pdf/paying/pubs/pdf/FANC.pdf
- Financial Literacy Resources/Fact Sheets –http://cfnc.financialliteracy101.org/home/factsheets_public.cfmand https://www.cfnc.org/paying/financial_literacy.jsp
- Paying for College: A Financial Aid Primer –https://www.cfnc.org/site/paying/primer/fa_primer.jsp
- Good Call Scholarship Search – http://www.goodcall.com/scholarships/search
- College Data (including scholarship search option) – http://www.collegedata.com/
- FinAid »
Complete listing of financial aid including need estimators and information about scholarships & scams.
REMEMBER – CONTACT THE COLLEGE ADMISSIONS/FINANCIAL AID OFFICES OF THE COLLEGES YOU ARE CONSIDERING TO ASK ABOUT THEIR “IN HOUSE” OR INSTITUTIONAL SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITIES!!! THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST SOURCES OF FINANCIAL AID!
- www.fastweb.com– Sign up for a free Fastweb account for scholarship information and scholarship searches.
www.scholarships.com– Search for scholarships while also helping colleges to find you.
- www.collegesource.org– Search for colleges based on criteria such as cost, degrees offered, or location.